Unit Study Lesson Planner

I've always been that weird teacher who loved making lesson plans. Once I became a Homeschool Mom though, I realized that I was an even rarer bird in homeschooling circles. I know I love writing lesson plans, but I totally understand why a lot of homeschooling moms do not. There is not enough time in the day for cooking, cleaning, teaching, and working, much less writing your own plans. But this is actually something that gives me enjoyment. 

Next year I plan to use more unit studies with my son as he enters first grade. Unit Studies are awesome! I love the incorporation of multiple subjects and the intense focus on one topic. But unit studies need a lot of planning! What books to read?  What activities to do? Which subjects to incorporate? What topics to cover? How long should the unit last? etc.........

So as I prepare for next year's lessons, I came up with my own template for Unit Studies. This template is appropriate for any grade level and can be used for a wide range of unit lengths. 


So let's take a look......


This Unit Planner includes 22 pages of templates and lesson plan organizers! These templates make it easier to plan because of the top-down approach, moving from monthly to daily organization!
Includes pacing guides, reading lists, attendance records, and grading sheets!


Hopefully this planner will help you organize your thoughts and plans for unit studies, and allow you a fun and stress-free school year!
Comment below with the main things you look for in your lesson planners!!
For me, it is: The Simpler, The Better! I hate to find a lesson plan that includes pointless details! "Explain why this lesson is important", "Explain what you hope to gain from teaching this"......... NO WAY! That is too much writing on something that no one will look at besides myself! I like straight to the point-organization! No frills or rabbit trails! 
If you are looking for this as well, I hope you will find this Unit Study planner to be helpful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ideas to Get Your Child Outdoors

Decorating a Home that Tells Your Story